Man flu again
Man flu. Can you even call it that when the wife goes down with it first?
Firstly apologies for nothing last week – (i) we were away and (ii) man flu…
Lorraine took time off work last week.
On its own not an earth shattering statement but that woman just doesn’t take a sickie.
Previous occasions were a nose bleed that put her in hospital and appendicitis, not a bl00dy cold!
She only took time off after the birth of the daughter because she was kept in hospital, I kid you not…
So she’s had it for a week and a half and I’m a few days less than that.
Ever tried to have an already booked and paid for long weekend with man flu?
Hopefully not. It’s not something I would recommend.
She goes off on her craft events and I do something else – anything else but when you slow down, when you try and sleep and when you try and wake up again it’s absolute agony.
You come back twice as knackered than when you left.
Talked to life coach Becki today. She’s already had this cold. It will take around three weeks to get rid of it, it’s one of the worst she’s experienced and it serves to magnify EVERY ache and pain you’ve already got.
Yup. Guessed that.
So this is the time you hope – usually forlornly – that clients, etc. will not have too many issues that need sorting.
It’s almost like open season on “issues” this week or so…
Where do I start?
What can I write without leaving myself open to too many accusations of breaching confidentiality?
- Potential asset purchase for investment purposes. Details sent. No reply. This was supposed to be urgent.
- Company with disagreeing director/shareholders. Fee from previous year still part unpaid. One of the parties getting ranty and unpleasant.
- Meeting regarding loss of (significant) customer postponed because the client concerned was too busy with work. Can you not see the irony there?
- The estate case I may have previously mentioned. An invoice comes to light three years later – with it in the possession of another player in the equation. How can you NOT mention something for THREE YEARS!!! You get the kudos amongst the professionals for not letting anything slip through the net but it does make me want to SCREAM.
- Oh, and a meeting that was planned nearly cancelled as one of the attendees did not respond to voicemails, texts or emails for over three weeks – until the afternoon before when we the professionals had already decided to postpone. Then un-postpone…
- Local council matter where I am the lead – the small matter of the quantum of the income from the event sent to everyone EXCEPT me… she’s normally very good and I understand she’s been unwell but with the list above it just makes me wonder.
- Waking up around eight times overnight coughing. Getting up the following morning having difficulty standing because of pulling various stomach muscles.
- Losing forty minutes of my life because the !*!* laptop chooses to freeze after that last sentence? Hard reboot and reinstate everything that was open. Lorraine reckons the computer has a funny sense of humour.
- Trying to strike off a company that hasn’t traded with two directors that aren’t speaking to each other. In fact one seems to have vanished from the face of the earth. Only emerging every now and again to shout about how badly he’s been treated by everyone else.
Is it any wonder I sometimes want to jack it all in?!
Not so funny a post this week, Lots of rant but light on humour.
Put it down to man flu…
It’s when you find yourself thinking about the aches and realising you’ve only recently taken the painkillers.
Been reading some articles today about fatigue and stress. Coincidence or not?
Maybe a nap before an (early) dinner is called for. Or not, see 2nd to last bullet point above when I went back to insert 3rd from last point above!
Schadenfreude – a game for all the family.